Re: msk(4) issues

From: David Schultz <das_at_FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 15:03:36 -0400
On Wed, Sep 17, 2008, Ian Freislich wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm having an issue with the msk hardware in my laptop.  It stops
> transmitting or recieving sometimes, always triggered by periods
> of intense network load.
>
> Sep 16 18:39:31 apple kernel: msk0: watchdog timeout (missed Tx interrupts) -- recovering
> Sep 16 18:40:35 apple kernel: msk0: watchdog timeout (missed Tx interrupts) -- recovering
> Sep 16 18:41:41 apple kernel: msk0: watchdog timeout (missed Tx interrupts) -- recovering
>
> But it never recovers.

I have the same problem. Disabling MSI reduces the frequency with
which it occurs from once a day to once a month or so.

You can recover the card without rebooting by loading the msk
driver as a kld, then unloading and reloading it to reset the
card. Of course this is a hack, but I haven't bothered to look
into anything better yet.