Re: xorg loops

From: Robert Noland <rnoland_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 13:40:26 -0500
On Sun, 2009-04-05 at 17:37 +0200, Manfred Lotz wrote:
> Hi all,
> Using 8 current from time to time I have an xorg problem.
>
> Getting millions of those messages
>
> (II) Mouse autoprobe: Changing protocol to ExplorerPS/2
> (II) Mouse autoprobe: Changing protocol to ImPS/2
>
> the system is unusable. No response from keyboard or mouse any more.
>

> Any idea, what I can do to prevent this from happining?

Use moused... I've seen this with some of my mice lately... I don't know
the input driver stuff well enough to really chase it down without
wasting a lot of time that is better spent on other things.  My
experience was that it either happened right after X startup, or it
would be fine.  I think maybe the bug is in the psm driver in the
kernel, but I'm not certain.

robert.

--
Robert Noland <rnoland_at_FreeBSD.org>