Re: xorg loops

From: Sean C. Farley <scf_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 15:39:33 -0500 (CDT)
On Sun, 5 Apr 2009, Robert Noland wrote:

> On Sun, 2009-04-05 at 17:37 +0200, Manfred Lotz wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> Using 8 current from time to time I have an xorg problem.
>>
>> Getting millions of those messages
>>
>> (II) Mouse autoprobe: Changing protocol to ExplorerPS/2
>> (II) Mouse autoprobe: Changing protocol to ImPS/2
>>
>> the system is unusable. No response from keyboard or mouse any more.
>>
>> Any idea, what I can do to prevent this from happining?
>
> Use moused... I've seen this with some of my mice lately... I don't
> know the input driver stuff well enough to really chase it down
> without wasting a lot of time that is better spent on other things.
> My experience was that it either happened right after X startup, or it
> would be fine.  I think maybe the bug is in the psm driver in the
> kernel, but I'm not certain.

For another point of interest, after the xserver (and xf86-input-mouse)
updates to 1.6, my laptop's GlidePointPS/2 is no longer detected as
such.  It uses vanilla PS/2 for it.  I do not use hal nor moused.  This
is with RELENG_7, so it is not just CURRENT with the problem.

Sean
--
scf_at_FreeBSD.org