Re: AMD 780G chipset major issues 3/3 (btx)

From: Thierry Herbelot <thierry.herbelot_at_free.fr>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 23:21:45 +0200
Le Monday 06 April 2009, Diego Depaoli a écrit :
> And finally...
> if I enable ahci in bios the system won't boot  with btx halted.
> Ctrl+alt+del is the only allowed action.
>
> Yes... it's a low cost motherboard, but I'm a bit confused.
>
> Regards

Hello,

My latest computer is also a 780G machine (running Stable, instead of
current).

I initially had issues with the embedded graphics board, when the text
consoles were black as soon as Xorg was started. This issue is corrected by
the latest drm import (this import also gave a fully working Xvideo output :
thanks)

I also lost access to the DVD as long as AHCI mode was disabled ; enabling
AHCI corrects this issue (and I do keep access to the three SATA disks in the
machine)

As with you, I am loading snd_hda via /etc/rc.local, instead of by the loader,
if I want some sound output (but then, the "hda" part of the name of the
driver is fully justified)

there is still one last issue : I cannot use the integrated PCI slots : I have
added an external board and I can't seem to see it via pciconf -lv (I did not
check recently, but neither could Ubuntu see the board)

After a bad start (and a certain disappointment) I'm quite happy with this
little board (as I said, running -Stable)

	Cheers

	TfH

PS : I still see something strange : "sometimes" (TM)(R), I must re-plug the
USB mouse for it to be correctly detected