KDE4 and input events stalled

From: Tim Kientzle <kientzle_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 14:33:31 -0700
Running -CURRENT r190666 and finally got KDE4
to run (by running dbus and hald), but the mouse
and keyboard input are very wonky.  USB mouse
and keyboard, of course.

For example, if I click on a button almost
anywhere in the KDE interface (including
Seamonkey):
   - Button down
   - See button depress
   - Button up
   -  ??  nothing happens ??
   - Move mouse
   - Button up, event occurs

I occasionally see this with keyboard input
as well; keys don't appear until I move or
click the mouse.  This is less consistent,
though.

I haven't seen any evidence that events
are actually getting lost; they're just
getting held up somewhere.

The net effect is very interesting; the
whole interface felt incredibly sluggish until
I learned to keep moving the mouse.  Then
it wasn't so bad.

Tim

P.S.  KDE4 is very pretty; I could get used to this.