Hal and KDM breakage (was Re: KDE4 and input events stalled)

From: Tim Kientzle <kientzle_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 22:49:59 -0700
Robert Noland wrote:
> [...]

Yep, that seems to be the issue.  I got
it to work finally by commenting out this
one line from /usr/local/etc/rc.d/hald:

#start_cmd="hald_start"

In particular, this allows hald to startup
in the regular sequence without that
odd delay.

Tim

CCing marcus_at_; maybe he can explain why that delay
was put in and whether ripping it back out makes sense.