Re: Anyone have an eee 901/1000h kernel I can grab?

From: Martin <nakal_at_web.de>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 15:41:42 +0200
Am Thu, 9 Apr 2009 16:31:22 -0700
schrieb "Shelby Noonan" <Shelby.Noonan_at_sandisk.com>:

> I am having trouble getting a kernel for my EEE 1000h. The wiki
> (http://wiki.freebsd.org/AsusEee) says that head should have all the
> needed bits in it, yet when I compile a head as of friday (3/31/09) I
> still get no ath_hal lines in dmesg, and the wired ale gets no
> carrier. I took the EEE_HEAD config from said wiki, but no change. Is
> something else needed? or even can someone just tar up there working
> kernel and point me at a place to download it. I just want a working
> machine, but am running out of things I know how to do to get it
> there.

No. The official wiki is wrong. I have already said that before.

Apparently, people mix up 901/904, 1000H and 1002HA here. All of
them have differences in their hardware configuration.

904 and 1002HA have got an atheros wireless chipset that works with
FreeBSD. 901 and 1000H do not work. Their wireless chipsets are ralink
based and won't work, even when you install latest -CURRENT.

Work on the chipsets shows no progress, as far as I understood it.
Everyone who worked on a port from OpenBSD got bored or something like
that.

--
Martin