Re: AMD 780G chipset major issues 3/3 (btx)

From: Jung-uk Kim <jkim_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 20:23:25 -0400
On Tuesday 14 April 2009 10:15 am, John Baldwin wrote:
> Are you sure you are using the real mode BTX?  This trap has PSL_VM
> set in eflags:
>
> #define PSL_VM          0x00020000      /* virtual 8086 mode bit */
>
> which would indicate that you are still using the old boot code.
> (Perhaps you have a new loader but have not installed new boot
> blocks using bsdlabel?)

That is embarrassing...  I thought I had the realmode boot block but I
was wrong.  I had a screwed-up bsdlabel from sysinstall at some
point.  When I did 'bsdlabel -B', it failed to install the boot block
at all but I ignored the error message, I guess. :-(

The bright side of this embarrassment is now I have warning-free
bsdlabels on all partitions. ;-)

Sorry for the noise.

Jung-uk Kim