Re: [SOLVED] acroread8 does not print any more

From: Rainer Hurling <rhurlin_at_gwdg.de>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 22:28:24 +0200
On 19.04.2009 20:06 (UTC+2), Boris Samorodov wrote:
> Rainer Hurling <rhurlin_at_gwdg.de> writes:
>
>> Since I am using the new linux emulator f8 I am not able to print with
>> acroread8 any more. I get this behaviour on three different
>> systems. The following message does appear in acroread:

>> Beim Drucken ist folgender Fehler aufgetreten...
>> '/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libc.so.6" not found,
>> required by "libgcc_s.so.1"'
>>
>> Does anyone else see this error?
>>
>> I would suppose that /compat/linux/lib/libc.so.6 has to be used, but
>> acroread is looking at /usr/local/lib/compat/libc.so.6. Any
>> suggestions what could be wrong?
>>
>> Let me know if I can give more information or test something.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Rainer Hurling
>>

>> P.S.: I am running FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT with linux_base-f8
>>
>> sysctl compat.linux.osrelease: 2.6.16
>>
>> /etc/make.conf
>> OVERRIDE_LINUX_BASE_PORT=f8
>> OVERRIDE_LINUX_NONBASE_PORTS=f8
>>

>> #ls -d /var/db/pkg/linux*
>> linux-f8-alsa-lib-1.0.15
>> linux-f8-jpeg-6b
>> linux-flashplugin-9.0r159
>> linux-f8-atk-1.20.0
>> linux-f8-libsigc++20-2.0.18
>> linux-kmod-compat-20080408
>> linux-f8-cairo-1.4.14
>> linux-f8-libxml2-2.7.2
>> linux-nvu-1.0_1
>> linux-f8-dri-7.0.2
>> linux-f8-openssl-0.9.8b
>> linux-realplayer-10.0.9.809.20070726
>> linux-f8-expat-2.0.1
>> linux-f8-pango-1.18.4
>> linux-scim-gtk-fc8-1.4.7_1
>> linux-f8-fontconfig-2.4.2
>> linux-f8-png-1.2.22
>> linux-scim-libs-fc8-1.4.7_2
>> linux-f8-gtk2-2.12.8
>> linux-f8-tiff-3.8.2
>> linux_base-f8-8_11
>
> Since you have two linux-scim-* ports it seems to me that you
> upgraded to linux -f8- ports without reading /usr/ports/UPDATING
> and there may be some unneeded remnants at /compat/linux. Can
> you follow that procedure and write a followup here?
>
> BTW, some useful information you may find at emulation_at_ ML and
> my "HEADSUP" message about new linux -f8- ports.
>
> WBR

I deinstalled all linux packages and all dependencies, deleted
completely /compat/linux and rebooted. After that I installed acroread,
nvidia-driver, linux-flashplugin9 and mplayer again.

Interestingly enough the two linux-scim-* ports do excist again! It
seems they are needed for acroread8.

But now I am able to print with acroread again!

So you have been right with unneeded remnants at /compat/linux! When
updating my excisting linux_base-f8 at 04/01/2009 to the newer one, I
thought it was not neccessary to clean /compat/linux. But obviously it
was. Thank you very much for this helpful information,

Rainer