Re: OT: 2d password

From: Tim Clewlow <tim_at_clewlow.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 19:00:21 +1000 (EST)
> Anthony M. Rasat wrote:
>> Kỳ Anh, Huỳnh wrote:
>>> I've just found a quite good way: use 2-d moving on the keyboard.
>>
>> Do you know that many people has following password?
>>

> Correct me if i'm wrong, for i'm not really up-to-date on password
> cracking
> algorithms, but i think that keyboard patterns are amongst the thing
> cracking
> tools try before switching to brute force, so in that sense this
> wouldn't make a
> very strong password.
>
> Jelte

I prefer to use mnemonics / ancronyms derived from a phrase, then
add some numbers at the end as salt, eg, the phrase "The code that
never executes at all is the fastest." would become "tctneaaitf123"
- ie, I take the first letter of each word in the phrase, then add
123 at the end. Or you could use the 2nd or 3rd letters (skipping a
word if it does not have that many letters) - the point is there are
other ways to create relatively easily remembered passwords.

Cheers, Tim.

--
The code that never executes at all is the fastest.