Re: [PREVIEW] Nouveau on FreeBSD (Take 2)

From: Adam McDougall <mcdouga9_at_egr.msu.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 01:26:03 -0400
Is there any chance of getting nouveau to work on a PCI
NV34 GeForce FX 5200? (not pci-e)  I actually don't really care
about 3d unless I can use it to improve normal "2d" activity,
I'm just looking for an improved response above what the
nv driver gives me with XAA.  Its a little sluggish but
sufficient for day to day activities.

When I try Option      "AccelMethod" "EXA" it runs with XAA
anyway: (WW) NV(0): Option "AccelMethod" is not used.

When I try nouveau, it tells me:
(EE) [drm] drmOpen failed.
(EE) NOUVEAU(0): [drm] error opening the drm

I don't even know what drm I could try loading or if it
would help.

vgapci0_at_pci0:2:1:0:     class=0x030000 card=0x00000000 chip=0x032210de rev=0xa1 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Nvidia Corp'
    device     = 'GeForce FX 5200 [NV34.3]'
    class      = display
    subclass   = VGA

Thanks for any advice, let me know if I can provide more information.