Re: zfs: Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode

From: Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 08:50:22 +0200
On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 11:05:01AM +0200, Thomas Backman wrote:
> I'm able to reliably reproduce this panic, by having zfs recv destroy
> a filesystem on the receiving end.
>
> 1) Use DDEBUG=1, I guess
> 2) Create a FS on the source pool you don't care about: zfs create -o
> mountpoint=/testfs source/testfs
> 3) Clone a pool to another: zfs snapshot -r source_at_snap && zfs send -R
> source_at_snap | zfs recv -Fvd target
> 4) zfs destroy -r source/testfs
> 4) zfs snapshot -r source_at_snap2 && zfs send -R -I snap source_at_snap2 |
> zfs recv -Fvd target
> 5) ^ Panic while receiving the FS the destroyed one is mounted under.
> In my case, this was tank/root three times out of three; I then tried
> creating testfs under /tmp (tank/tmp/testfs), *mounting* it under /usr/
> testfs, and it panics on receiving tank/usr:
[...]

I repeated precisevly those steps and it doesn't panic for me.
Could you confirm that you use this patch?

	http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/patches/zfs_vnops.c.2.patch

If so, could you give me exact steps and all of them how to reproduce it?
Starting with pool creation.

pjd_at_FreeBSD.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org