Re: [Fwd: How To Recover From Missing /lib/libc.so.7?]

From: Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 21:14:54 +0200
* Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl> wrote:
> * Chris Ruiz <yr.retarded_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > You must specify NO_FSCHG= when you installworld on an unupgraded ZFS
> > filesystem, otherwise you will lose libc.so.7!  I'll spare you the
> > details on why this happens.
>
> Which is because our install(1) is stupid enough to delete the resulting
> binary if it can't add the schg flag. We should really change this
> behaviour.

It looks like there are actually two bugs:

- install(1) does check for EOPNOTSUPP, while ZFS seems to return
  EINVAL. This is probably a ZFS bug.
- Inside jails, (un)setting schg is not permitted and returns EPERM. We
  should change the VFS to return EOPNOTSUPP or install(1) to allow
  EPERM as well.

It's a bit late, but I think it would be nice to have this fixed before
8.0.

--
 Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/