Re: Unable to build HEAD

From: Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 13:54:32 -0700
> Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 11:37:50 +0000
> From: "b. f." <bf1783_at_googlemail.com>
>
> On 8/6/09, Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net> wrote:
> >I have tested a patch from bf and it works. I've asked if he wants to
> >submit the PR or if he wants me to. If I don;t hear from him, I'll
> >submit tomorrow.
>
> Slightly revised and augmented patch is in:

I think the patch is right, but I am still broken. I also had to remove
the ".if ${MK_OPENSSH) != "no" and paired ".endif" from
/usr/src/lib/libpam/modules/modules.inc. Once this was done, it looks
like everything is correct.

I think the right answer is to either unconditionally build the pam
module or to add an option that is specific to the module. I think the
former is really the way to go as the module only adds 46K to the system
and, if you build without OpenSSH, you are either building an embedded
system where you will almost certainly be trimming a lot further than
the src.conf file allows, or because you are using the version from
ports. If the latter, you almost certainly WILL want pam_ssh.

And thanks for fixing the Makefile and submitting the PR!
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)