Re: Unable to build HEAD

From: b. f. <bf1783_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 01:50:24 +0000
On 8/7/09, Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net> wrote:
>> Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 11:37:50 +0000
>> From: "b. f." <bf1783_at_googlemail.com>
>>
>> On 8/6/09, Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net> wrote:
>> >I have tested a patch from bf and it works. I've asked if he wants to
>> >submit the PR or if he wants me to. If I don;t hear from him, I'll
>> >submit tomorrow.
>>
>> Slightly revised and augmented patch is in:
>>
>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=137483
>
> I think the patch is right, but I am still broken. I also had to remove
> the ".if ${MK_OPENSSH) != "no" and paired ".endif" from
> /usr/src/lib/libpam/modules/modules.inc. Once this was done, it looks
> like everything is correct.
>
> I think the right answer is to either unconditionally build the pam
> module or to add an option that is specific to the module. I think the
> former is really the way to go as the module only adds 46K to the system
> and, if you build without OpenSSH, you are either building an embedded
> system where you will almost certainly be trimming a lot further than
> the src.conf file allows, or because you are using the version from
> ports. If the latter, you almost certainly WILL want pam_ssh.

I agree, this is a problem if you still want pam_ssh, and want to use
OpenSSH from Ports. A similar situation exists for pam_krb5 and
pam_ksu with WITHOUT_KERBEROS=yes.  But I don't see how you can still
properly build working versions of these modules without putting in
some hooks to link to the needed libraries in ${LOCALBASE}.  (They
need to be linked against the appropriate OpenSSH and Heimdal
libraries.)  How were you able to build pam_ssh when
WITHOUT_OPENSSH=yes?  Do you still have some old OpenSSH cruft
installed in your base system that wasn't removed by make
delete-old/make-delete-old-libs (which aren't set up properly for this
option yet, as I pointed out), and so the modules were able to link
against the old libraries?

b.