Re: What's up with the SVN repository?

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 22:14:23 +0100 (BST)
On Sat, 8 Aug 2009, Gary Palmer wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 08, 2009 at 07:27:23PM +0200, Thomas Backman wrote:
>> Anyone care to fill us outsiders in? ;) No commits at all in the last few
>> days, and given "Please just bear with it until commits are restored" (from
>> Attilio Rao)... How are things? Any status updates anywhere? I looked
>> through the list of mailing lists, but didn't find a fitting one with a
>> topic covering this.
>
> Not the easiest mention to find:
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2009-August/010255.html

A lot more information on the in-progress release can be found here:

   http://wiki.freebsd.org/8.0TODO

I updated it significantly today to add information on the current patch
queue, explicit release status, and more detailed schedule.  We're supposed to
move over to the normal release web page structure shortly:

   http://www.freebsd.org/releases/8.0R/schedule.html

However, I've deferred hooking that up to the build until the current issue is
resolved.

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge