Re: Call for regression and performance testing - 8.0

From: Mike Tancsa <mike_at_sentex.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 09:38:38 -0400
At 08:29 AM 8/12/2009, Robert Watson wrote:

>Dear all:
>
>As we're approaching 8.0 BETA3, now would be a really good time to
>start identifying functional and performance regressions from the
>7.x series. We've done a mixed job at this in the past, but when it
>comes to "I'll do better some day", there's no time like the present
>:-).  Some notes:

Hi Robert,
         Other than the removal of whats below from the kernel, what
other adjustments should be made to make more accurate comparisons ?

# Debugging for use in -current
options         KDB                     # Enable kernel debugger support.
options         DDB                     # Support DDB.
options         GDB                     # Support remote GDB.
options         INVARIANTS              # Enable calls of extra sanity checking
options         INVARIANT_SUPPORT       # Extra sanity checks of
internal structures, required by INVARIANTS
options         WITNESS                 # Enable checks to detect
deadlocks and cycles
options         WITNESS_SKIPSPIN        # Don't run witness on
spinlocks for speed

         ---Mike

Mike Tancsa,                                      tel +1 519 651 3400
Sentex Communications,                            mike_at_sentex.net
Providing Internet since 1994                    www.sentex.net
Cambridge, Ontario Canada                         www.sentex.net/mike