Re: kernel: em2: watchdog timeout -- resetting

From: Scott Ullrich <sullrich_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 17:12:02 -0400
On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 5:08 PM, Jack Vogel<jfvogel_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, there's no magic switch, you could change the driver code to remove
> it,
> however its really indicative of some kind of problem, it shouldn't happen,
> so
> perhaps you want to pursue that. Does it only happen on em2, what is special
> about that path, etc etc..
>
> You can look at the debug/stats data of the interface for clues, maybe its a
> mbuf exhaustion, perhaps descriptor.

After looking at the interface closer it appears the device it is
plugged into does not have power.  In this case it is a Wimax wireless
radio.

Should a device with NOCARRIER cause this error non-stop in the logs?
  Can I get you more information that might help understand why the
watchdog is being tripped?

Thanks for your help!

Scott