Re: Root exploit for FreeBSD

From: Bill Moran <wmoran_at_potentialtech.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 09:51:22 -0500

> >From my information security manager:
>
> 	FreeBSD isn't much used within the University (I understand) and has a
> 	(comparatively) poor security record. Most recently, for example:
>
> 	http://www.h-online.com/security/news/item/Root-exploit-for-FreeBSD-873352.html

Are you trying to make your infosec guy look like an idiot?  Does he
realize that FreeBSD has a grand total of 16 security problems for all
of 2009?  Hell, Microsoft has that many in an average month.

If he can find something (other than OpenBSD) with a better record than
that, I'd love to hear about it.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com