Systems running hot?

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 13:53:23 -0800
In the last weeks (I generally update to the latest HEAD daily) It
seems that my -current laptop is running hot temperature wise, even
when it's idle, or nearly so. The temperature sensor (via wmbsdbatt)
generally stays in the 80s C, as opposed to the 70s, and the fan is
regularly on its "medium" speed as opposed to the low speed. Also, the
keyboard area sometimes becomes so hot that it's actually
uncomfortable. If I boot windows and let it run that way for a while
everything goes back to normal.

I've got the back end of the laptop propped up an inch or so to
improve ventilation which helps some, but it's still running hotter
than usual. And before someone suggests it, yes, I've blown out all
the fans/heatsinks.

This is a Dell Latitude D620 with a C2D, running i386 SMP in case any
of that matters. :)

Doug