Re: powerd and nvidia drivers not playing nicely together (Was: Re: Systems running hot?)

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 14:37:10 -0800
Doug Barton wrote:
> b. f. wrote:
>>> no X! So I think to myself, what else did I change last night.... oh
>>> yeah, powerd! So I turn that off, and voila, X!
>> Do you really mean powerd(8)?
>
> I did, but the problem got worse. With the following:
> performance_cx_lowest="C2"      # Online CPU idle state
> economy_cx_lowest="C2"          # Offline CPU idle state
>
> X would begin to start up, but it would stay with a black screen and
> never complete. Changing all 4 settings (cpu_freq and cx) to NONE
> allowed it to start up again.

Well, things seem to be working again with *_lowest=C2 so I'm thinking
that the nvidia problems in connection with this yesterday were not
related.

I put ACPI_DEBUG in my kernel config and rebooted. Here is the verbose
dmesg: http://people.freebsd.org/~dougb/dmesg-verbose.txt

Thanks again for your help,

Doug