Re: CFT: Graphics support for /boot/loader

From: Oliver Fromme <olli_at_lurza.secnetix.de>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 16:08:10 +0100 (CET)
Renato Botelho wrote:
 > Oliver Fromme wrote:
 > > Renato Botelho wrote:
 > > > It worked here, on a 8.0-current i386 r188003, the only small
 > > > thing is it show a red border when show the menu.
 > >
 > > Do you mean a red line at the top right corner?
 > > That problem has already been reported and fixed
 > > in my local source tree.
 >
 > Not exactly, it's a big red border on 4 sides of screen, something
 > like there is a red background bigger than image and image is in
 > front of it.

I see.  Is that an old CRT monitor (not a TFT display)?

I think I have an idea what might be causing it.
On CRT monitors, the border beyond the pixel area is
set to the color of the first palette entry by default.
The background PCX image happens to have red as the
first palette entry.  So you see a red border.

In my tests I didn't notice the problem because I only
tested with TFT displays and qemu.  These don't have a
visible border.

The fix should be to set the border color to the same
value as the background color (in this case that would
be black).

Best regards
   Oliver

It's trivial to make fun of Microsoft products,
but it takes a real man to make them work,
and a God to make them do anything useful.