Re: CFT: Graphics support for /boot/loader

From: Oliver Fromme <olli_at_lurza.secnetix.de>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 16:39:05 +0100 (CET)
Christoph Mallon wrote:
 > Oliver Fromme schrieb:
 > > Antonios Anastasiadis wrote:
 > > > I've got the red border on a TFT monitor by the way.
 > >
 > > OK, yeah, the problem is more widespread than I thought.
 > > Obviously some TFT monitors (probably wide-screen ones in
 > > particular) aren't scaling VGA modes to the full size of
 > > the screen, so the border bug becomes visible.
 >
 > This "bug" is called "overscan"

No, the bug I'm talking about is in my code, which happens
to always leave the overscan color at index 0, no matter
what the actual palette entry is.  This bug has been fixed.

 > and is actually a feature of graphics
 > cards.

You definitely don't have to lecture me about graphics
cards.  ;-)  I know the overscan property very well;
I already mentioned it earlier in this thread.

Best regards
   Oliver

"Clear perl code is better than unclear awk code; but NOTHING
comes close to unclear perl code"  (taken from comp.lang.awk FAQ)