Re: HEADSUP usb2/usb4bsd to become default in GENERIC

From: Remko Lodder <remko_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 18:48:39 +0100 (CET)
On Sun, February 8, 2009 6:21 am, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> * Maxim Sobolev <sobomax_at_FreeBSD.org> [090206 01:50] wrote:
>> Alfred Perlstein wrote:
>> >      - Update GENERIC to use usb2 device names.
>>
>> Wasn't there a plan to rename usb2 devices to match oldusb names (where
>> applicable) once oldusb had been killed? I don't see it in the list.

[snip]

> If a lot of people poke me about renaming it, we'll get it done,
> but I don't really believe in it.

I would like to enfavor that it is being named "usb" at some point. We do
not want to keep names like rcNG while at some point it's the defacto
standard right? Also names like USB2 tell people that there might be a
USB1 as well, which we no longer ship at some point.

Please name it "usb_*".

In addition; there is a request from Warner (if I remember correctly);
which I do share; there is a manual regeneration needed if you add
something to usbdevs, please make sure that that goes automatically like
"usb1" does at the moment.

Thanks,
Remko

--
/"\   Best regards,                      | remko_at_FreeBSD.org
\ /   Remko Lodder                       | remko_at_EFnet