Re: CFT: Graphics support for /boot/loader

From: Oliver Fromme <olli_at_lurza.secnetix.de>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 10:27:33 +0100 (CET)
Antony Mawer wrote:
 > Oliver Fromme wrote:
 > > Standard VGA supports at most 640x480 at 4 bits and 320x200
 > > at 8 bits.  So that's the common denominator.
 >
 > Do you know if it would be hard to modify splash(4) to supports 640x480
 > 4-bit images?

Uhm.  Actually I thought that was already supported.
If it's not, it shouldn't be too hard to implement it.
I'll look into that.

Best regards
   Oliver

"It combines all the worst aspects of C and Lisp:  a billion different
sublanguages in one monolithic executable.  It combines the power of C
with the readability of PostScript."
        -- Jamie Zawinski, when asked: "What's wrong with perl?"