Re: patch: let msdosfs(vfat)/ntfs to support UTF-8 locale well

From: Buganini <buganini_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 04:43:52 +0800
Anyone know about the behaviors on short filename? Are they all the
same in different windows version?
Some articles said it dont store long filename when filename is 8.3
compliant, but the behavior on Windows XP is different. And according
to pagxir (patch's author), the patch doesn't convert encoding for
short filename. Whether the behavior was changed or not, I think the
conversion for short filename is needed to comfort all cases.