Re: boot0cfg -s vs. GEOM_PART_*?

From: Marcel Moolenaar <xcllnt_at_mac.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 10:29:10 -0800
On Feb 17, 2009, at 3:46 AM, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:

> with a fresh kernel and world from last night I get:
>
> dopt# boot0cfg -s 3 ad4
> boot0cfg: /dev/ad4: ad4
> boot0cfg: /dev/ad4: ioctl DIOCSMBR: Inappropriate ioctl for device
>
> is this GEOM_PART_* fallout and can it be fixed?

boot0cfg is not (yet) supported by GPART. It should not
be too hard:
1.  We need to expose the current bootcode through
     kern.geom.confxml
2.  boot0cfg grabs the bootcode from the XML, makes
     the changes in memory and then uses existing
     g_part ctlreq to update the bootcode.

> I am wondering how to change it from a rnning system now, as
>
> dopt# gpart set -a active -i 3 ad4
> gpart: pre-check failed: Device not configured

Fixed in revision 188723.
Sorry about that.

--
Marcel Moolenaar