Re: About bwi

From: Alex Keda <admin_at_lissyara.su>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 01:45:53 +0300
Sam Leffler пишет:
> Alex Keda wrote:
>> Kip Macy пишет:
>>> Someone needs to be there to maintain it. To the best of my knowledge
>>> no one appropriate has stepped forward.
>> And what exactly should be supported?
>> He finished - nothing more to do.
>>
>> no way to develop a driver.
>> the new cards have to write a new driver.
>
> The driver has many known issues and limitations. Without someone
> willing to respond to user questions, update the code and test, etc.
> committing the driver ends up causing more frustration and ill-will
> than leaving it outside the tree. This is a lesson we've learned many
> times--people encounter a broken driver and draw incorrect assumptions
> about the system as a whole. Unfortunately noone has stepped up to own
> the driver; trust me I've asked many times for someone.
All who test it - do it with lastest BroadCom cards.
It driver for *OLD* cards. Need delete last MAC revision, I post patch
in forum.
bwimac.c

|-/* MAC */static const uint8_t bwi_sup_macrev[] = { 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12 };
+/* MAC */static const uint8_t bwi_sup_macrev[] = { 2, 4, 5 };|

For revision > |5| - need another driver!