Weird arrow key disappearing act with latest syscons

From: Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 11:33:41 -0800
Hi Ed,
    First off, thanks for providing libteken, et all to work out
MPSAFE issues with the console driver.
    On a recent version (synced up last night) of CURRENT for my i386
box I'm noticing that when I use my arrow keys to back over existing
text, sometimes the text disappears. Sometimes behind the cursor,
other times not. Example (of the former):

orangebox# pwd
/usr/ports/multimedia/audacious-plugins
orangebox# make deinstall clean install
(move arrow key over second `l' in deinstall)
orangebox# make deinstal  clean install

    Please note that this output was `simulated', but I can have a
real typescript produced for you if you like.
    Let me know if/when you need more data :).
Thanks,
-Garrett