Re: patch to fix burncd bug

From: Alexander Best <alexbestms_at_math.uni-muenster.de>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 15:12:10 +0100 (CET)
the actual problem is that the return value EBUSY got overwritten in
sys/dev/ata/ata-queue.c. so even when the device returns EBUSY the ioctl call
returned EIO. what your patch does is to wait for a specific time until it
gives up calling ioctl(fd, CDIOCEJECT). with the changes to
sys/dev/ata/atapi-cd.c the EBUSY return value doesn't get overwritten anymore.

now when an ioctl call returns EIO you don't have to repeat doing the ioctl.
EIO really means EIO! only if the return value is EBUSY you have to repeat
doing an ioctl until it returns != EBUSY.

alex