Re: GEOM and moving to CURRENT from 7.1

From: Arnar Mar Sig <antab_at_valka.is>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 18:41:13 +0100
On Jan 15, 2009, at 6:32 PM, Dimitry Andric wrote:

> On 2009-01-15 18:00, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
>>> Hmm, in my case I can't do so, since I have a "Dangerously
>>> Dedicated"
>>> FreeBSD MBR partition.
>>
>> You don't have a DD installation if your root file system
>> is mounted on ad0s1a. You have a DD installation if your
>> root file system is mounted on ad0a.
>
> Hmm, strangely enough I have multiple systems which really do use
> ad0s1
> while installed DD using sysinstall, and have been using that since
> years...
>
> I have no issues with changing it now, of course, but it's a bit weird
> that it seems to have always worked flawlessly. :)
I notices about a 1-2 months ago when update to the latest current
that the disklabels for one of my disks had changed. I don't remember
if I installed 7.x or 8-snapshot (long time ago) but i did use DD
mode. The disk label the install wrote to fstab was ad12s1a, while
swap on the same disk was ad12b. Now its ad12a, but no harm done so I
ignored it.

Greets
	Arnar Mar Sig
	Valka ehf