problem with nss_ldap

From: <Hartmut.Brandt_at_dlr.de>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 20:39:38 +0100
Hi,

for a year or so I had nss_ldap connected to an active directory (with openldap23-sasl-client) on a year-old current. Yesterday I've rebuilt everything and I started to get 'undefined symbols' (for example gss_equal_oid) when running any program needing pw or group entries. After some poking around I fixed these by adding -lgssapi to the Makefiles for libgssapi_krb5.so and libgssap_spnego.so. Now getent, local login and everything works fine, except cron and sshd.

Both create entries in /var/log/messages like:

Jan 18 20:00:02 knopdnsimu13f cron[1495]: GSSAPI Error:  Miscellaneous failure (see text)¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Jan 18 20:00:02 knopdnsimu13f kernel: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I've tried to figure out in which of the dozens of layered libraries (gss, sasl, ssl, ......) this error is generated but did not find anything.

This is on amd64, krb5 enabled in pam, gssapi disabled in sshd_config (as I said, this worked before).

Any ideas?
harti