Re: 8-CURRENT Firewire

From: Julian Stecklina <js_at_alien8.de>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 03:12:18 +0200
Sean Bruno <sean.bruno_at_dsl-only.net> writes:

> -CURRENT has some slightly different Firewire code in it than 6/7.  If
> you have an opportunity to test it with your Firewire hard drives and
> cameras I'd really appreciate it.
>
> Stuff that's changed:
> 	multi-speed compatible devices will acutally work.
> 	     a 400/800 device is connected to a 400/800 compatible
>              firewire card via a 400 connection will work at 400
> 	fwcontrol understands multiple firewire cards as multiple
> 	     buses now.  most commands now take a -u argument to
> 	     indicate the bus.
>
> Please report to the -firewire if you get a chance to test.  It would
> be great to get positive as well as negative results.

I have an AMD 780G board with onboard Firewire controller. 8-CURRENT
hangs at boot with:

run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after 60 seconds for xpt_config
run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after 120 seconds for xpt_config

If I disable the Firewire controller in the BIOS it boots fine. What is
a good way to debug this?

Regards,
--
Julian Stecklina

The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day
they start making vacuum cleaners - Ernst Jan Plugge