Re: 8-CURRENT Firewire

From: Sean Bruno <sean.bruno_at_dsl-only.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 14:29:54 -0700
> I have an AMD 780G board with onboard Firewire controller. 8-CURRENT
> hangs at boot with:
>
> run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after 60 seconds for xpt_config
> run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after 120 seconds for xpt_config

Two things:

1.  Full dmesg output from boot with the firewire enabled and disabled
would be great.  Post it over on freebsd-firewire.

2.  Can you boot with the firewire enabled in the BIOS and the following
in loader.conf:
	firewire_load="NO"
If you can boot this way, what happens when you:
	kldload sbp.ko

Sean