Re: Kernel panic with if_sf.ko

From: Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe_at_nsu.ru>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 04:13:27 +0700
Robert Watson wrote:
> Jung-uk Kim wrote:
> >Last time I checked, bpf(4) with MAC caused a similar problem when it is
> >destroying bpf descriptor label.  GENERIC includes MAC by default now.  If
> >you don't need MAC, try removing "options MAC" from your kernel
> >configuration.
>
> I was not aware of this problem -- could you provide some more details?
> Any panic caused by having MAC in the kernel is a bug...

My kernel is custom one, with everything I could moved out to modules
(had to add "nodevice" entries for io and mem since they are in DEFAULTS
these days).  So I don't see how it can be related to MAC.

./danfe

P.S.  Took me couple of hours to figure out that "uart" must be
compiled in, loading it via loader.conf does not quite work for serial
console.  :-(