Re: Kernel panic with if_sf.ko

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 22:42:46 +0100 (BST)
On Wed, 1 Jul 2009, Jung-uk Kim wrote:

>>> Last time I checked, bpf(4) with MAC caused a similar problem when it is
>>> destroying bpf descriptor label.  GENERIC includes MAC by default now.
>>> If you don't need MAC, try removing "options MAC" from your kernel
>>> configuration.
>>
>> I was not aware of this problem -- could you provide some more details?
>> Any panic caused by having MAC in the kernel is a bug...
>
> It was about a month ago.  I had funny impression that you and sam were
> working on it cause it started happening when sam added bpf detach event
> handler and MAC was enabled by default.  Any way, I will let you know if I
> can reproduce the problem.

There have been a number of tear-down related races for ifnets, more of which
are closed now than before the last few weeks, but none MAC-related as far as
I'm aware.  If it recurs, please let me know and I'm happy to help investigate
(MAC-related or otherwise).

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge