Re: RFC: ATA to CAM integration patch (and gjournaled previuos nodes)

From: Alexander Motin <mav_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 10:18:00 +0300
Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:
> Late, but now I'd like to jump in.

It's never late. I have just uploaded fresh patch:
http://people.freebsd.org/~mav/cam-ata.20090704.patch

> I have a gournaled FS whoch lists it's consumer as ad12p6

You mean gjournal has provider names hardcoded to it's meta data? It
could be a problem. If it detects it's parts freely, then it should not
notice the change.

> Otherwise I only use labels (ufs) for quiet some time, so I thought
> testing would be painless...
> Can I safely remove glabel from the unmounted fs and relabel the new
> device?

I don't very understand whet you mean by "safe"? Safe for what?

--
Alexander Motin