Re: FreeBSD 8.0-BETA1 Available

From: Dan Naumov <dan.naumov_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 16:05:32 +0300
On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 3:33 AM, Ken Smith<kensmith_at_cse.buffalo.edu> wrote:

> Be careful if you have SCSI drives, more USB disks than just the memory
> stick, etc - make sure /dev/da0 (or whatever you use) is the memory
> stick.  Using this image for livefs based rescue mode is known to not
> work, that is one of the things still being worked on.

Hey

Just wanted a small clarification, does livefs based rescue mode mean
"fixit environment" or not? I would like to do some configuration
testing with 8.0-beta1, but applying the configuration pretty much
requires working in FIXIT, since sysinstall isn't exactly up to the
task.

- Sincerely,
Dan Naumov