Re: FreeBSD 8.0-BETA1 Available

From: Ken Smith <kensmith_at_cse.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 14:07:43 -0400
On Tue, 2009-07-07 at 16:05 +0300, Dan Naumov wrote:
> Just wanted a small clarification, does livefs based rescue mode mean
> "fixit environment" or not?

Yes, that's what it means.  It's known to not work at the moment but
it's being worked on.  I wanted to mention that because it might have
been confusing given what I put onto it (the files needed for livefs
mode are on it, sysinstall itself needs a bit more work though).  But
once that is working this is my guess as to what people would find most
useful on such an image so I wanted to give people a feel for roughly
how big they'll wind up being.  It will basically be the dvd minus
packages.

--
                                                Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith_at_cse.buffalo.edu