Re: run interrupt driven hooks: still waiting for xpt_config

From: Marc <ubm_at_u-boot-man.de>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 20:58:37 +0200
On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 20:03:52 +0200
Marc "UBM" Bocklet <ubm_at_u-boot-man.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 22:50:48 +0200
> Marc "UBM" Bocklet <ubm_at_u-boot-man.de> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 19:26:42 +0200
> > Marc "UBM" Bocklet <ubm_at_u-boot-man.de> wrote:
> >

> > > Hiho! :-)
> > >
> > > I just put a Highpoint RocketRaid 2322 in our file server. There
> > > are no drives connected to it yet.
> > >
> > > I'm running:
> > >
> > > FreeBSD xxx 8.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT #15: Sat Jul  4
> > > 15:23:12 CEST 2009
> > >
> > > Since I put the 2322 in, the machine hangs late in the boot
> > > process with above message. It continues to wait until:
> > >
> > > run interrupt driven hooks: still waiting for xpt_config (300
> > > seconds) and then theres nothing. No panic, keyboard still works,
> > > I can still scroll through dmesg, but nothing more.
> > >
> > > Before it the hptrr(4) attaches, there's the following message:
> > >
> > > xpt_dev async called.
> > >
> > > I searched the archives and found some references to firewire, but
> > > the machine in question has no firewire controller.
> > >
> > > Is there anything else I can do to debug this?
> > >
> > > For the record, the card is PCIe 4x, but I put it in the PCIe 16x
> > > slot. The card seems to work fine though, I can access its BIOS
> > > and its recognized by the FreeBSD driver.
> > >
> > > I'm also running with the new ahci driver.
> >
> > for the record: verbose boot shows no additional info.
>
> further info: removing the highpoint controller makes the problem
> disappear.

Another followup: it also makes no difference if there's an actual
device attached to the controller. I'll try reverting the ahci patch
next and see if that changes anything.

Bye
Marc

--
"And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?"

W.B. Yeats, The Second Coming