Re: odd make/build output on ^Z / fg

From: Mel Flynn <mel.flynn+fbsd.current_at_mailing.thruhere.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 23:06:04 -0800
On Sunday 12 July 2009 15:52:46 Paul B. Mahol wrote:
> On 7/12/09, Robert N. M. Watson <rwatson_at_freebsd.org> wrote:

> >> Also seen this with a suspended port build, but didn't investigate
> >> further,
> >> just restarted the build. Shell used is zsh, in case that matters. I
> >> am not
> >> sure if I was building in parallel. Currently running r195188M: Tue
> >> Jun 30
> >> 12:16:01 AKDT 2009. I remember I had that build suspended for a few
> >> hours, but
> >> not a chance I ran out of swap (which would kill processes without
> >> my direct
> >> knowledge).
> >
> > I'm using tcsh here.
>
> I got same with some ports few weeks ago, disabling multiple jobs fixed it
> almost always.
>
> Will try to reproduce with kernel next time ...

Is it possible you guys let it suspend over 24 hours? It's possible I did
that. Would be a scenario since kqueue timers roll over. I can't think of
anything else too obvious, since I'm sure I didn't kill something, updated
source during the build or otherwise affected timestamps. I also don't have
mysteriously disappearing processes haunting my system.

3 fatal attempts to reproduce today with make -j2 buildworld.
--
Mel