CURRENT 8.0-BETA 1: init does not respond to -HUP

From: Torsten Hantzsche <t.hantzsche_at_fzd.de>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 08:03:16 +0200 (CEST)
Does anybody get the same effect?

Yesterday I checked out the latest sources of CURRENT 8.0,
recompiled the whole system, deleted all Ports completely and
reinstalled them again (bash, XOrg, windowmaker, slim).
After reinstalling everything I changed in /etc/ttys the line

ttyv8   "/usr/local/bin/slim"   xterm   off secure

ttyv8   "/usr/local/bin/slim"   xterm   on secure

and signalled with 'pkill -1 init' to re-read the config-file.

Normally X should be starting now and I can see the Login screen,
but init does not react to the signal anymore and seems to stay
inactive. After reboot the X-Server and slim starting up correctly.
Changing the ttyv8 line now in /etc/ttys back to 'off' and sending
init a -HUP also does not work to kill the X-Server.

Under 7.2-STABLE (checked out last week) init shows the correct
behaviour and reacts to the -HUP signal accordingly.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Torsten