Re: New builds won't boot (fwd)

From: Chris Hedley <freebsd-current_at_chrishedley.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 14:03:17 +0100 (BST)
On Sat, 4 Jul 2009, Chris Hedley wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Jun 2009, Gary Jennejohn wrote:
>
>> Ah, yes.  Now that I think about it again, you're right.  That's also
>> when I started seeing it.
>>
>> I'm now running mav's ata-cam patches and took ATA_STATIC_ID out of
>> my config file.  I'd sort of forgotten when/why I'd done it.
>>
>> Sorry for the confusion.
>
> No problems, I may have a look at the ata-cam patch myself to see if that's
> any more successful.  So thanks for the idea. :)

Hmm, still having no luck with this, although I haven't tried the ata-cam
patch (partly due to an irrational fear that it'll eat all my data, partly
as I don't really want to make things any more complicated than they
already are by just trying random things to see if they work).

Perhaps my best bet is to ask the person who submitted the changes to the
ATA system at the time - listed as "mav" in CVS.  Could anybody point me
in their direction (or point them in this direction)?

Thanks,

Chris.