Re: ZFS pool corrupted on upgrade of -current (probably sata renaming)

From: Kamigishi Rei <spambox_at_haruhiism.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 03:07:07 +0400
Chris Hedley wrote:
> Thanks - that was just what I was looking for!  That'll save me an
> awful lot of hassle in future, especially as I'm eyeing up the CAM
> integration patch.  In the meantime I'm successfully but slowly
> retrieving my data, I'll just have to be patient, but it's reassuring
> that I can build a new ZFS array with confidence.
There was another step you could take to recover your array safely.
Right after that upgrade after witnessing the problem, boot back into
kernel.old in single user mode and doing
/etc/rc.d/zfs start
zpool export poolname

and then rebooting into normal kernel in single user mode again and doing

/etc/rc.d/zfs start
zpool import poolname

That's how I solved it when I moved from adXX to adaXX device names.

Actually, just to be sure, I export pools for every update that touches
ata/ahci modules.

--
Kamigishi Rei
KREI-RIPE