Re: ZFS pool corrupted on upgrade of -current (probably sata renaming)

From: Peter Schuller <peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 22:03:42 +0200
> Yep.  It's as simple as:
>
>   * label all the drives using glabel, while they're still attached to the
> pool
>   * use "zpool replace pool ad4 label/disk01" to replace 1 drive
>   * wait for it to resilver
>   * use "zpool replace pool ad6 label/disk02" to replace the next drive
>   * repeat the resilver and replace until all the devices are replaced

While I can see this working "most of the time" - is there any reason
to believe it is guaranteed to? glabel keeps meta data at the end of
the device; is it guaranteed that ZFS is not using that part of the
device actively? (For example by having a policy to reserve some
amount at the end.)

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey_at_scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org