Re: 8.0-Beta2 / Ideapad S10e / bwi

From: David Naylor <naylor.b.david_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 22:18:54 +0200
On Monday 20 July 2009 09:11:02 Vizeli Pascal wrote:
> Hi

Hello

> I've install freebsd 8.0-Beta2 on my netbook ideapad s10e. It work nice but
> the wireless driver dosen't work. I've seen that exists new bwi drivers. I
> recompile my kernel with (device bwi) but he dosn't see them. Have every
> body a idea, why the bwi dosn't work?

I use the Windows NDIS drivers without many problems.

I do have a problem with the ACPI EC.  It often times out resulting in battery
and temperature not updating (and often power down doesn't work).  Syslog
gets spammed with messages from the acpi module.  I hacked a crude patch that
appeared to mostly fix the problems (but I don't believe it addresses the
underlying problem).  Are you experiencing any problems with ACPI?

> The bluetooth driver also dosn't work. But that is a nice to have feature.
> I will porting the bluetooth drivers from openbsd or netbsd (at the moment
> i've forgotten witch bsd have implement this driver) into the next freebsd
> version.

Never used bluetooth so can't comment.

Regards,

David