Re: gstripe problem

From: Nenhum_de_Nos <matheus_at_eternamente.info>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 21:26:43 -0300
On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 15:19:14 +0200
Ivan Voras <ivoras_at_freebsd.org> wrote:

> Nenhum_de_Nos wrote:
>
> > I'd really like to hear on this: I just wiped out all disks data, deleted
> > all two partitions and recreated them. created another stripe using the
> > same arguments as the other times but it keeps vanishing when I reboot.
> > fresh 8-BETA2 and old pc in i386. what to do now ? give up ?
>
> Did you load geom_stripe.ko?

yep

I used all the time "create" and not "label" to make the array. the mirror worked fine though in this way (created in 7.2-STABLE). then when I saw that, I turned to label which the man page says to do write metadata and all went ok.

so all fine in here, running 8-beta2 and an old PII just fine (moving data to the array, an old PII is really slow :( ).

by the way, it was an old 7.1-stable (time where 7.1 was prerelease) and now is 8-beta2. the apache+postfix+mailman+samba+dns will be fine ? (read about changes yesterday that would make all rebuild all ports, but my rev is older and I have little time to this now. will plan to do it as soon as all is fine and 8.0R is out).

thanks,

matheus
--
We will call you cygnus,