Re: ZFS pool corrupted on upgrade of -current (probably sata renaming)

From: Nenhum_de_Nos <matheus_at_eternamente.info>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 10:12:19 -0300 (BRT)
On Wed, July 15, 2009 13:22, Freddie Cash wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 8:44 PM, Randy Bush <randy_at_psg.com> wrote:
>
>> > # glabel label disk01 /dev/ad4
>> > # glabel label disk02 /dev/ad6
>> > # glabel label disk03 /dev/ad8
>> > # zpool create pool raidz1 label/disk01 label/disk02 label/disk03
>> >
>> > After that, you can shuffle the drives around in the system, and the
>> pool
>> > will continue to work correctly.
>>
>> ooooooo!  i wish i had understood that when i built a large set of
>> mirrored raid.
>>
>> any way to hack it ex post facto?
>>

> Yep.  It's as simple as:
>
>   * label all the drives using glabel, while they're still attached to the
> pool
>   * use "zpool replace pool ad4 label/disk01" to replace 1 drive
>   * wait for it to resilver
>   * use "zpool replace pool ad6 label/disk02" to replace the next drive
>   * repeat the resilver and replace until all the devices are replaced
>
> This is what I did to one of our servers.  Works quite nicely.
>
> There's no need to detach anything.

was all this supposed to work with raidz ?

here it doesn't.

 harry# zpool status
  pool: zdados
 state: ONLINE
 scrub: none requested
config:

        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        zdados      ONLINE       0     0     0
          raidz1    ONLINE       0     0     0
            ad8     ONLINE       0     0     0
            ad10    ONLINE       0     0     0
            ad12    ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors
harry# zpool detach zdados ad8
cannot detach ad8: only applicable to mirror and replacing vdevs

thanks,

matheus

ps: using 7.2R with v13 zfs. got problems when booting current and trying
to use zfs on it (dual freebsd boot).

--
We will call you cygnus,
The God of balance you shall be