Re: gptzfsboot doesn't like change (failure after swapping drives)

From: Chris Hedley <freebsd-current_at_chrishedley.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 18:39:01 +0100 (BST)
On Thu, 23 Jul 2009, Stefan Bethke wrote:

> Am 23.07.2009 um 04:37 schrieb George Hartzell:
>
>> I've been playing around with building an 8.0BETA2 system with
>> everything on a single zfs filesystem (I'll get fancier later) on a
>> zpool that is a 4 disk raidz.
>
> Quite a few people had no luck with booting from RAIDZ volumes at all.
> (Single disks and mirrors seem to work fine.)  See this thread:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-fs/2009-July/006466.html

I'm tempted to set up a second ZFS pool for booting since my main one is
RAIDZ2, which it currently unsupported; this is with some trepidation as I
read ages back that there may be "issues" with multiple pools (though that
may be in the past, whatever it was) but it'll be interesting to find out.

Then again, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it": maybe I should just stick
with the regular boot system using my gmirrored UFS partition...

Chris.