Re: HEADS-UP: Shared Library Versions bumped...

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 00:10:50 -0700
Mel Flynn wrote:
> I wrapped portmaster, since -af has the same problem when something screws the
> build (mostly plist problems and $me wanting backup packages, but also
> classics like using sudo as PM_SU_CMD and trying to reinstall it).

I hate to tell you but portmaster already has the ability to restart
after an interrupted -af. See the man page regarding the -R option. So
you can do this the first time: portmaster -Daf

Then do this the second (or more) time: portmaster -DGRaf

The one caveat is that you don't want to run any other portmaster
commands in between since it will remove all the flags when it exits
successfully.

hth,

Doug